WHO IS A BELIEVER?
Because so many promises are given to those who are believers, it isimportant to know who the Bible classifies as a believer.In the Greek “believe” indicates one relying on Jesus Christ for salvation. In Acts 5:14 the word means unadulterated trust. In I Timothy 4:12 — trueness, to entrust one’s spiritual faith, assurance, well being.Today a great number of church members give lip service that Jesus Christ is the Son of God because of having studied and been told about it.
Unfortunately for many there is no real power or influence evidenced in their lives because of this profession. A real believer as referred to in scripture means much more than head knowledge. This kind of knowledge is only “religious” and is no danger to Satan and his demonic program.
The warning is sounded in Isaiah 7:9 that “If ye will not believe, surely ye will not be established.” There MUST be evidence of change in the life of a true believer, in thoughts and actions, to demonstrate the genuineness ofconversion (James 1: 22)
A check list for believers: must bear fruit (John 15:2); signs shall follow (Mark 16:17-18); shall do works Jesus did (John 14:12); answered Prayer
(John 15:7); friend of Jesus (John 15:14); witnessing (John 15:27).
THE CHRISTIAN’S POWER OF ATTORNEY
- It is essential to believe the gospel and everything it teaches for believers(II Tim. 3:16, 17) . Repentance and renunciation of all sin and wrong doing is another requirement (Acts 26:18; II Cor. 6:17).
- Obedience to the gospel and seeking for enduement of power (Luke 11:13; 24:49; Acts 1:4-15; 2:38, 39; 5:32).
- Surrender to God, walk and live in the Spirit (Romans 8:1, 2, 8-10,13-16; Gal. 5:16-26; Col. 3:17).
- Learn to pray in faith (James 1:5-8; Hebrews 11:6).
- Believe in your mission in life as a representative of God (Acts 1:8).
- Know your position in Christ (Eph. 2:6).
- Learn to use the name of Jesus in accordance with the Word of God (Acts 3:16; 4:12; John 14:12-15; 16:23-26; Col. 3:17; John 15:7-16;13:35).