The Statement of Faith – What we believe
One of the main scriptures we rely on is 1 John 5:6-8 – King James Version (KJV) 1987
6. This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
We declare and believe:
- In One True Living God, who reveals Himself in three distinct divine persons ( The Holy Trinity ) : God the Father, God the Son ( Jesus Christ ) , God the Holy Spirit – these three are One and agree in One and co-exist in unity having the same nature. These three distinct divine persons are co-equal, co-eternal and consubstantial existing as Triune God who is Almighty, Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent and is One forever-existing eternal being. The Lord our God is Holy ( Psalm 99:9 ). Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen. ( 1 Timothy 1:17 );
- That Jesus Christ is the The Son of the living God ( Matt 16:16 ), The Lord of Glory ( 1 Cor 2:8 ), The Only Begotten Son of God, The Word of God, The Lamb of God, Wonderful Counsellor, The mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace ( Isaiah 9:6 ) and the government is upon His shoulder; Jesus Christ is the Truth, Path and the Life; ( John 14:6 – KJV, 1978 )
- Jesus Christ is The Messiah and to Him is given Dominion, Glory and Kingdom. 13. I saw in the night visions, and behold, [a] on the clouds of the heavens came One like a Son of man, and He came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before Him. 14. And there was given Him [the Messiah] dominion and glory and kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion which shall not pass away, and His kingdom is one which shall not be destroyed.( Daniel 7:13-14 – AMP, 1987 Lockman )
- Jesus Christ is God, the living Word, who became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He is God and perfect Man united in one person forever. Jesus is the Will of the Father – who is the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last ( Revelation 1:11 ), the everlasting Word, the God, the Life and Creator of all things ( John 1:1-14 ). Jesus Christ came by the Water and Blood; not by the Water only, but by Water and Blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because Spirit is Truth. ( 1 John 5:5-7 );
- The salvation of man is a work of God’s free grace and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justified them in His sight;
- It is the privilege of all who are born again of the Water and of the Spirit to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Savior. This assurance is not based upon any kind of human merit, but is produced by the witness of the Holy Spirit, who confirms in the believer the testimony of God in His written word;
- The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer’s life by faith;
- The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to disciple men of every nation.