This specific article will be dealing with the second level – which is when demons are allowed to attack as a result of a legal right given to them by the person they have targeted.
If by chance you have come across this article and have not read the above article on the 4 levels in which demonic spirits can move in for an attack – it would be my recommendation that you first read that article so that you can have a good, basic understanding of what these 4 levels are all about and how this second level fits into the big picture.
In this second level, demons will move in for an attack once they see a person committing a door-opening, hedge-breaking sin and transgression against the Lord. In this second level, it does not make any difference if this person is a Christian or nonbeliever. There are rules to the spiritual war games that are going on behind the scenes in the battle between God and the devil for all of our souls – and demons themselves have to abide by these rules.
In the above article, I gave you the verse from the Book of Job which shows that we apparently have some type of protective spiritual hedge surrounding us or else demons would be constantly attacking everyone and we would all be in a state of constant warfare with them.
What happens in the spiritual realm is that this hedge can be broken by a person if this person commits a heavier type of sin and transgression against the Lord. In that article, I gave you some of the heavier sins and transgressions against the Lord that could possibly break this hedge, thereby causing a hole to occur in it – thus giving the demons the opening and legal right to be able to start to come directly after you. For the purposes of this article, I will go ahead and re-state what some of those heavier sins and transgressions are.
In the realm of spiritual warfare against demonic spirits, I believe there are 4 basic levels in which an individual believer may have to face – depending on what you may be dealing with in your present set of circumstances and what you may have in your past background.
Having the specific knowledge on what each one of these 4 levels are all about can really help you in being able to plan and carry out the appropriate battle strategy in which to defeat demons should they ever move in for an attack on either you or any of your close loved ones.
But before I get into exactly what these four areas are, I want to give you some very basic verses from the Bible showing you the importance that God the Father is placing on that we realize the reality of demonic spirits in this world, and that we not be afraid to engage and cast them out of people when we do run across them in this life.
Here are 8 very powerful verses from the Bible, all showing us that we are not to be afraid of demons, and that we are to directly engage with them if we have to, operating under God’s authority and anointing to be able to do so.
- And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved, but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe. In my name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues, they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover.” (Mark 16:15-18)
- “Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee … the Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor, He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.” (Luke 4:14-18)
- “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” (Luke 10:19)
- “Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.” (Luke 9:1)
- “And He called the twelve to Him, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits … And they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many who were sick, and healed them.” (Mark 6:7,13)
- “And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.” (Matthew 10:1)
- “But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.” (Matthew 10:6-8)
- “For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.” (1 John 3:8)
If you will notice, every time Jesus gave His apostles the power and command to go out and walk with His anointing, He always told them to cast out demons as one of His specific commands – no exceptions!
So if Jesus was constantly casting out demons, always telling the apostles to cast out demons, and the apostles too were always casting out demons, then it should only be logical that the Church should continue to still cast out demons when needed.
It has been estimated by many Bible scholars that approximately 25% of the miracles Jesus had performed were Him casting demons out of people. Satan and his demons are not confined to the Bottomless Pit at this time. This event will not happen until Jesus returns back to us in His second coming. Until that event happens, Satan and his demons are still free to roam in the “air” seeking who they are going to try and devour next.